Thursday, June 9, 2016

Red Pepper Pasta Sauce


This is fast becoming one of my favourite dishes! I've been tweaking this recipe for a while now since I originally created it, but I think it's finally exactly how I like it. 

I usually serve this sauce with wholewheat spaghetti, prawns, wilted spinach, a few basil leaves to serve and of course, some parmesan shavings. 

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
  • 1 jar of roasted red peppers 
  • 200g of passata 
  • A large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
  • 1 white onion
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 3 tbsp of creme fraiche
  • Pinch of salt & pepper
  • Parmesan to serve
Method: 
  • Finely chop the onion and garlic. Fry in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil on a medium-high heat until the onion and garlic starts to brown. 
  • Roughly chop the red peppers from the jar and add to the pan with the passata and basil. Heat through for a few minutes. 
  • Add the sauce to a blender or food processor and blend to your desired consistency, I like mine quite smooth. 
  • Add the sauce back to the pan and heat through whilst stirring through the creme fraiche. Stir until the creme fraiche is completely combined. 
  • At this point I stir through my cooked pasta, cooked prawns and wilted spinach.
  • Serve with a grating of parmesan and a couple of fresh basil leaves. 
I usually make this sauce, use it for one meal for myself and then freeze the rest in portions. This sauce freezes really well and can be made in big batches which I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment