Friday, January 2, 2015

Mince Pies


I have absolutely no idea why this is the first year I've made mince pies. There's something so lovely and festive about making mince pies from scratch. They're so easy to make there really is no reason for not making your own! 

 Another great thing about making them yourself is that you can tweak the ingredients and the recipe to suit yourself; for example I added a handful of chopped walnuts to this batch to give them a little crunch and they're so good. This is a recipe by the very talented Paul Hollywood which you can find here. >>> Mince Pie Recipe 


This is such a lovely recipe I barely changed anything. The only tweaks I made was the handful of chopped walnuts as I mentioned earlier, I also chose to half the clementine wedges as I prefer them to be smaller so as to not take up too much room inside the pie. I couldn't find the little foil bun cases that are usually used for mince pies so I just improvised by lining the baking tray with tin foil and it worked just fine, adds a little character. My family and I absolutely loved these mince pies and they were such a pleasure to make, I'll definitely be digging out the recipe next Christmas :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment